Anybody remember this one?

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"… at least until Uncle Sam sandblasts that message off of Lady Liberty!

Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Fool: Governor John Kasich of Ohio

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi...
Just look how sad he is in this picture. Sad Governor Kasich!  That's because he can't decide what his views are going to be for today.  So tough when you need to change your opinion based upon which way the wind is blowing.  Apparently politics really upped the ante on blowing in the wind since the birth of the GOP...if you believe the movie Lincoln to be historically accurate. I know I believe THAT part of the Speilberg film to be historically accurate.

Governor Kasich voted FOR the Defense of Marriage Act and against gay couples being able to adopt.  He's perfectly okay though with rising up against tavern owners who don't hire gay servers in the Buckeye state.  If you want to pour him a Bells Black Note Stout, he doesn't care what you do in the privacy of your own home. It would be DISCRIMINATION to keep a gay Ohio resident from pouring beer.

Now some persnickety Ohio Senator, Rob Portman, has come out in defense of same-sex marriage because is own son is gay and because Portman is not a moron, he realizes sexuality is not a choice.  Not to be upstaged, Kasich quickly came out (get it?) and said he was in favor of civil unions.  Then he quickly turned around said his remarks were interpreted "loosely." I don't know about you, but I want someone who is representing me in my state to have firm opinions.  Regardless of what they are. But if you don't share my feelings in Ohio, may I suggest you interpret EVERYTHING Governor Kasich saily "loosely" from here on in? If I lived in your state I know I would.   Especially during his run for reelection.  Just a suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment